Special Tips: How can we stay healthy at home
During this unprecedented world event, we at Zupapa know that it won't be easy in the coming months, especially when it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle. A strong body is one the most important weapons we can prepare for this invisible war. Although it’s not easy to maintain a fitness routine because many states mandating closures of public facilities, including gyms, we can still do something. Here we round up some workouts that can be done at home.
- Start in a standing position.
- Take a big step forward with your right leg.
- Lower your body until your right knee is at a 90-degree angle.
- Push yourself upwards with your right foot.
- Repeat the above steps with your left leg.
Tip: To add some extra strength training to this type of lunge, you can hold a regular/medicine ball in your hands directly in front of you.
- Assume a face-down prone position on the floor.
- Raise yourself using your arms.
- Repeat lowering and raising at a steady pace.
Tip: There are three types of basic push up variations that use different muscles: regular, diamond and wide-arm.
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent.
- Put your fingertips on the back of your ears.
- Lift your torso up as close to your thighs as possible.
- Lower your torso down to the floor so you’re back in the starting position.
Tip: You can pair sit-ups with other abdominal exercises (crunches, flutter kicks, leg raises) for a better workout.
- Start by standing straight, keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your core tight and chest upright, bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Pause for one second, then extend your legs and return to the starting position.
Tip: You can do squats with an exercise ball, a chair, even a wall.
Yoga and other online fitness classes
You can search for yoga videos on YouTube. You can also utilize free/paid apps that offer flexible live-streamed or rerecorded programs for people at every fitness level.
Notice: Neither under-exercised nor overworked is a wise choice.
Keep a Good Mood
Taking care of mental health is as important as building a strong body. Below are some stress-reducing strategies for your information:
- Make a schedule and stick it out. For example, if you are working from home, you can copy the timetable of the working day.
- Giving yourself breaks from the news and social media. Stay informed doesn’t mean collecting every piece of scattered news. Pay attention to those regarding your life.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Connect with others emotionally. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling. Engaging in video chat with friends and family.
- Practicing meditation.
- Learn something new.
We are together although we are social distancing. Be optimistic and spare no effort to live a regular life. We all will be safe and embrace a bright and smooth future someday.
Zupapa Social Care Team